Car Accident Attorneys Helping Those Seriously Injured
For more than 40 years, Sieben Polk P.A. has provided individualized legal services to clients suffering from serious injuries. Our injury attorneys hold more than 200 years of combined experience. We help those those with severe injuries that often arise out of car accidents.
When It Comes To Car Accident Claims, Experience Matters
Our experience means that we understand how the insurance companies and their large law firms handle these matters. When the insurance companies send their representatives to speak with you, keep in mind that the insurance adjusters are there to protect the interests of the insurance company, not yours.
We can help you protect your rights. Let us deal with the insurance company on your behalf. Our experienced attorneys hold the seasoned legal judgment that people injured in a car accident need in order to understand their rights and how to protect them.
When helping you, our legal team works closely with you to investigate your accident and its circumstances for itself. Performing a crash investigation enables us to gather the evidence and information that is needed in order to build your best legal case. We do this both for purposes of trial as well as for negotiations.
We can also put you in touch with the resources you need in order to get the help you need, medically and financially. On your behalf, our law office will work diligently to ensure that you promptly receive any compensation to which you are entitled under your car insurance.
Helping You Understand Your Car Accident Injury Claim
We will guide you through your car accident claim, helping you understand how no-fault insurance works in Minnesota and advising you about what to expect with your claim.
Eagan, Mendota Heights, And St. Paul Areas: Minnesota Car Crash Attorneys
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling us at 651-377-4740. All communications between our firm and potential clients remain confidential.
Car Crash Information
Each year millions of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, someone is involved in a car crash every 10 seconds in the United States. Often these accidents are life-changing collisions.
Nearly every time we drive we see examples of reckless conduct by other drivers that can, and often does, lead to significant injuries to innocent people. The national statistics are startling. In 2002, over 6,200,000 car crashes were reported. Of those, more than 42,000 people were killed and over 3,200,000 people were injured.
How No-Fault Insurance Works In Minnesota
Minnesota law (“no-fault” insurance law) requires car insurance companies to pay for medical bills, loss of income or wages, and replacement services for housework the injured person cannot do, like cleaning, lawn mowing, or snow shoveling. The experienced Minnesota car accident lawyers at Sieben Polk P.A. ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses. When a car accident occurs, the insurance companies involved often do not have the victims’ best interests in mind.
If the car crash was the fault of another driver, claims can be made by the injured party or parties for pain, suffering and disability. The Eagan car accident attorneys at Sieben Polk P.A. will use their years of experience in handling accident cases to investigate every possible aspect of your claim to guarantee that you will receive full compensation for your injuries. We can assist you in finding an appropriate medical specialist to treat you. Our firm will assist you in making sure that you are fairly compensated for any damage to your vehicle. We also make sure your medical and wage loss expenses are properly submitted to the appropriate insurer for prompt payment.
Vehicle Accidents And Injuries
A motor vehicle accident may involve a pedestrian, a semitruck accident, a bike, a bus, a DUI, or a motorcycle. If the accident was due to a defective product such as a tire blowout or an air bag malfunction, the case would fall under product liability law.
Car accidents can result in serious injuries such as:
- broken bones
- traumatic brain injury
- neck and back injury
- spinal cord injuries
- loss of vision
- wrongful death
A car accident may occur if a mechanic fails to properly repair a vehicle. In that situation, the person who improperly repaired the vehicle, and the repair shop, may be responsible for the injuries sustained. Other factors such as poorly maintained roads and malfunctioning traffic control signals can contribute to injuries. Improper design, maintenance, construction, signage, lighting or other highway defects can also cause serious accidents.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
- Call 911. Even if it appears that no one was injured, assistance may be needed for clearing the scene, managing traffic and creating the accident report.
- Seek immediate medical assistance. It is important to determine what injuries you have sustained. Serious injuries can occur internally that you may not be aware of right away.
- Collect information from all parties. Collect information from the scene of the accident including time and location, road and weather conditions, contact and insurance information, and policy numbers of the people involved (including passengers and witnesses), vehicle license plate numbers and driver’s license numbers.
- Do not sign anything. Signing some types of documents may compromise your rights. You may, however, sign items from the police — such as a ticket or report.
- If contacted by the insurance company for the other involved motor vehicles, do not discuss the facts of the collision with them. Instead, first consult with an attorney to protect your rights.
- File a report with the state.
- Do not permit anyone to interrogate you about the events of the accident, particularly the other party’s attorney or insurance company. If your insurance policy requires that you report your accident within a certain time period, as many do, this is another reason to call an attorney immediately.
- Do not accept any settlement offer before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies offer quick settlement payments to people involved in automobile accidents. These insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. Accepting a quick settlement payment may jeopardize future claims.
Protect Yourself And Your Claim. Call Sieben Polk P.A. Today.
The Eagan car accident lawyers at Sieben Polk P.A. are committed to protecting the injured. Our attorneys have successfully represented and fought for clients in thousands of car accident cases, many of which have resulted in large verdicts and settlements.
In all car accident cases it is essential that action be taken promptly to preserve evidence, investigate the accident, and enable physicians and other experts to thoroughly evaluate any injuries. It is vital to act swiftly after you’ve been injured. The sooner you involve an experienced car accident lawyer, the better able we will be to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address important factors in your case.
If you or a loved one is a victim of a car accident, contact the experienced Eagan car crash lawyers. Call Sieben Polk P.A. at 651-377-4740 for a free consultation. Our aggressive car accident attorneys will evaluate your case and fight until you receive full compensation for your losses. Let us take care of every detail of your case so that you can concentrate on the most important part — your recovery.